CALL FOR NOMINATIONS OF COUNCIL MEMBERS TO SERVE AT FALSE BAY TECHNICAL VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING (TVET) COLLEGE IN TERMS OF SECTION 10(6) OF THE CONTINUING EDUCATION AND TRAINING ACT NO. 16 OF 2006 (AS AMENDED).
False Bay College, is a leading, top performing public Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College serving communities across the South Peninsula, as well as, Mitchells Plain and Khayelitsha. The College has six campuses, namely Westlake Campus, Fish Hoek Campus, Muizenberg Campus, Mitchells Plain Campus, Swartklip Campus and the Khayelitsha Campus. It offers a range of programmes, responsive to local and national economic needs, across the fields of Business Studies, Engineering, ICT, Hospitality and Tourism.
False Bay College invites members from:
• the public;
• the local business community; and
• relevant non-governmental organisations.
To nominate persons by virtue of the fact that they can give expression to:
• Ensure that functions of the Council are performed according to the highest standard;
• Ensure that the Council is broadly representative of the TVET sector and its related interests;
• Ensure that the Council Members have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the TVET sector and have a recognized qualification/s (diploma /degree), as well as, verifiable experience accompanied by a solid grounding in ethical practices, with a high level of accountability;
• Appreciate the role of the TVET colleges in the reconstruction of the TVET sector, and have a clear understanding of Government’s trajectory with regard to the sector, as contained in the National Development Plan: Vision for 2030;
• Ensure that members contribute to the strategic direction of False Bay TVET College – by offering knowledge and experience in strategic planning, including the development and delivery of college strategy, for attainment of its short, medium and long-term goals;
• Ensure that Nominees have experience to engage and establish partnerships and linkages with industry, for the purposes of Work-Integrated-Learning and Workbased Education for both students and lecturers;
• Ensure that Council is broadly representative of the community served by False Bay College in respect of race, gender and disability; and
• Ensure that the nominated Council Members reside within reasonable distance from the College, in order to reduce costs related to Council and Council Committee meetings, in terms of travel and accommodation.
Four (4) positions are available on the False Bay TVET College Council. Preference will be given to persons with Financial, Human Resources and Legal skills.
Nominations can be made on forms available on the College website:
Nominations must be submitted to the College Governance Officer at
Beverley.firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 April 2019. Please note that incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
For any further enquiries please contact False Bay College at telephone: 021 787 0800 or email: email@example.com
For more information about False Bay TVET College, visit www.falsebaycollege.co.za