REQUEST FOR TENDERS
REPLACE EXISTING THEATRE SEATS IN THE OPERA AND DRAMA THEATRES AT THE PLAYHOUSE COMPANY, DURBAN
The Playhouse Company is a Cultural Institution registered in terms of Section 3(1) of the Cultural Institution Act, 1988, to promote the Arts and Culture in Kwa-Zulu Natal.
Tenders are invited to bid for the replacement of existing theatre seats in the Opera and Drama Theatres at The Playhouse Company, Durban.
The scope of the work include inter alia:
- Removing all existing seats in the Opera and Drama theatres and replace them with new seats
- The new Opera theatre seat should be 1250
- The new Drama theatre seats should be 480
- The new seats fabric should be made of antibacterial material (microbial fabric)
- Fabric colours and a sample of microbial fabric will be presented at the tender briefing
- Behind back rest and underneath the seats should be finished with high quality timber
- Bidders who pass through the Pre-qualification round will be requested to present a complete sample of the proposed seat which meets the specified criteria and comply with additional information obtained at the compulsory site visit.
Pre-qualification requirements are listed below
- Registration on the National Treasury Central Supplier Database (C.S.D)
- A valid Tax Clearance certificate or a SARS issued PIN
- Recent audited financial statements for the past 3 years
- Complete and signed SBD forms
- Meet the responsiveness criteria
- Quotations must be hand delivered to the address mentioned below.
Tender documents will be available at The Playhouse Company Head Office, 29 Acutt Street from 10:00 on 28 May 2021. A non-refundable fee of R350.00 should be paid in cash to Mr. Sudesh Harilal (ext. 9443) to acquire the document.
A compulsory site meeting will be held on 04 June 2021 at 10:00 a.m. at The Playhouse Company, Opera theatre, 231 Anton Lembede Street, Durban, 4004.
Closing date for the submission of tenders is 28 June 2021 at 11;00 a.m. No late submissions will be considered. Submissions must be clearly marked and enclosed in a sealed envelope/package addressed to: The Chief Executive Officer at The Playhouse Company, 29 Acutt Street, Durban. 4001.
For general enquiries please contact – Mr. Siya Manqele, on tel. (031) 369 9507, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The KwaZulu-Natal Performing Arts Company
Declared in terms of Section 3(1) of the Cultural Institutions Act, 1998 (Act No. 119 of 1998) on 01 April 2003.
P O Box 5353, Durban 4000, 29 Acutt Street, Durban 4001, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa Tel: (031) 369 9555, Fax: (031) 306 2166.
Production Services Mayville:
Tel: (031) 208 4171. Fax: (031) 208 4162.