INVITATION TO TENDER
UMzimkhulu Municipality hereby invites reputable and experienced service providers to respond on the projects below:
SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADE
(36 MONTH CONTRACT)
PROPOSAL NO. ULM-CORP 001/19
Tender documents will be available from the cashier at 169 Main Street, UMzimkhulu, 3297 upon the non-refundable payment of R200.00 per document or a bank guaranteed cheque made out to UMzimkhulu Municipality during working hours between 09h30 and 16h00 from 31 January 2019. Cut-off time for buying documents is 05 February 2019, 15 minutes before the briefing time.
Compulsory briefing meeting is scheduled to take place at Umzimkhulu Municipality Main Building, 169 Main Street, UMzimkhulu 3297 at 08 Februar 2019 at 10h00.
Invalid or non-submission of the following documents will render the tenderer disqualified, BBBEE points will not be allocated if the Certificate is not submitted: • Registered on Central Suppliers Database (CSD) attach proof of Registration • Valid BBBEE Certificate certified or original
• MBD 4, 8 & 9 • Municipal rates Certificate/statement for the Directors and the company • Confirm that Municipal rates are not in arrears for more than 90 days • Attach valid lease agreement if the company is leasing the office space • Attach a valid lease agreement if the director is leasing accommodation • Attach affidavit if the account is under your parents, siblings, grandparents and you are not paying any Municipal rates • Copy of a marriage certificate if Municipal account in under your spouse • Certificate of Authority to sign all documents in connection with this tender and any contract or agreement which may arise therefrom, duly signed and dated, shall be provided by the Board of Directors of the firm and shall be attached and must be on a Company letter head.
80/20 Preference Point System will be used on the following project, functionality will be considered and uMzimkhulu Local Municipal SCM policy.
Conditions of acceptance: • Quotations must be valid for 120 days.
Evaluation minimum threshold is 60% or 48 points
NB: It is compulsory for a bidder to score not less than 50% per segment in the above table. Even if the bidder has scored the 60 % of threshold but scores less than 50% on one or more of the segments above the bidder will be non-responsive.
NB: On accreditation segment service providers must get full points (100%).
All other enquiries shall be directed to: Mr G. Mngqundaniso, on tel. (039) 259 5007, fax. (039)
259 0427, e-mail: email@example.com
Bid documents in a sealed envelopes clearly indicating the BID NUMBER AND BID NAME, must be deposited in the tender box of UMzimkhulu Local Municipality, located at 169 Main Street, UMzimkhulu, 3297 reception area, not later than 08 March 2019 at 12h00. Telegraphic, telex, telephone, electronic, facsimile and late tenders WILL NOT be accepted.
The uMzimkhulu Municipality Council does not bind itself to accept the lowest bidder. UMzimkhulu Municipality Supply Chain Management policy will apply
Z. SIKHOSANA – MUNICIPAL MANAGER
Key aspect of criterion Basis for points allocation Score Max. Verification
Relevant experience: Name of traceable references with contact details to be included for verification.
The company must have completed at least 5 server projects specific to server upgrade in the last 5 years, for each project an appointment letter and a letter of completion must be provided.
Methodology: Methodology sets out the manner in which the bidder will carry out the work. clear timeframes for completion of the project (maximum of up to three months), clear project budget aligned to the tasks and activities as per implementation requirements.
Expertise: The criteria that is to be used is as follows:
Qualification of key employees
• Qualified Microsoft Specialist
• Qualified Project Manager
• Qualified CGEIT (Corporate Governance Enterprise IT) Specialist
No. of projects completed
5 and above – Excellent.
Clear methodology with concise work breakdown structure, timeframe of two (3) months, clear project budget aligned to the tasks and activities.
All the three qualification.
4 – Good.
Microsoft specialist plus one of any of the two.
Only a Microsoft specialist.
3 – Fair.
Partially touched in all aspects
List of projects.
Appointment letter and reference letter.
Attach CV and certified copies of qualifications Certificates.
PROVINCE OF KWAZULU-NATAL
Accreditation: Partnership with manufactures that supply products for proposed solution.
• Microsoft Silver Datacentre Status
• Veeam Partner Status
• Cyberoam Firewall Partner Status
• HP Business Partner
Has partnership with all the manufacture’s.
attach proof of partnership status.