Website Umhlabuyalingana Municipality
The post though not limited, is based at the Municipal offices that is situated at R22 Manguzi main road:
DIRECTOR: COMMUNITY SERVICES
• RE-ADVERTISEMENT • 4 (FOUR) YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Remuneration Package: R835 477.00 – R 965 869.00 – R1 096 262.00 p.a.
• A valid Grade 12 Certificate
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration/Political Science/Social Science/Law or equivalent
• Possess the Municipal Minimum Competency requirements as prescribed by the Local Government:
Municipal Finance Management Act 56 of 2003 and the Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency levels, as well as the Local Government Regulations on Appointment and conditions of Employment of Senior Managers
• Valid EB driver’s licence
• Computer literacy.
Experience and knowledge:
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience at middle management level
• Have proven successful institutional transformation within public or private sector
• Advanced knowledge and understanding or relevant policy and legislation governing Local Government
• Advanced understanding of Institutional governance systems and performance management
• Advanced understanding of Council operations and delegation of powers
• Good governance
• Audit and Risk management establishment and functionality
• Budget and Finance management.
Core Managerial and Leading Competencies:
• Strategic capability and leadership
• Programme and project management
• People management and empowerment
• Financial management
• Change management
• Knowledge management
• Service delivery, innovation, problem solving and analysis
• Client orientation and customer focus, communication, honesty and integrity.
Financial and Supply Chain Management competency areas/skills:
• Strategic leadership and management
• Operational financial management
• Ethics and values in financial management
• Financial and performance reporting
• Risk and change management
• Project management
• Legislation, policy and implementation
• Supply chain management
Key performance areas:
• In conjunction with the Council’s leadership, drive the vision, mission and strategic direction of Umhlabuyalingana as articulated in the Integrated Development Plan of the Municipality
• Develop and implement business objective, performance targets and operational efficacy of the Municipality
• Set the tone of the Department regarding the organisation’s ethnics, code of conduct and values
• Provide leadership in the budgeting process guided by informed projections of revenues and expenditures, as well as oversee sound financial management and controls for the Department
• Develop, foster, maintain and review key strategic relationships with key stakeholders
• Uphold an effective and reliable risk management and governance process and systems for the Department, including participation in the internal audit
• Ensure the maintenance of a monitoring and evaluation function and processes to monitor all activities, programmes and projects of the Department
• Ensure compliance and adherence to the applicable legislation, regulations, policies and rules impacting on local government.
Kindly forward your application form obtainable in Gazette No. 3725 or can be downloaded from our website (www.umhlabuyalingana.gov.za), plus a comprehensive Curriculum vitae, certified copies of your qualifications, ID and valid driver’s licence to Umhlabuyalinga Municipality.
Appointments are made according to the Local Government Systems Act, 2000 (Act No. 32 of 2000) and Local Government: Regulations on the Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers as published on the 17 January 2014 prior to appointment , the successful candidate will be required to undergo psychometric test/competency assessment and a security vetting processes. The successful will be expected to sign employment contract, a performance agreement and a disclosure of financial interest. Should you not be contacted by this office within three (one) month of the closing date. Kindly consider that your application was not successful. The Municipality will not take any responsibility for registered mail. The Council reserves the right not to fill the position. The Council is an equal opportunity employer and subscribes to an employment policy which is non-racial, non-discriminatory, and non-sexist, based on merit. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application letter accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of all qualifications should be addressed to the Municipal Manager, Umhlabuyalingana Local Municipality, Private Bag X 901, Kwa-Ngwanase, 3973. (No faxes will be accepted). Applicants not contacted by the Municipality within three weeks after the closing of the advertisement must consider their applications as unsuccessful. Late, incomplete, faxed and e-mailed applications and applications received after closing date will not be considered.
Closing: Date: 06 November 2018.
Enquiries should be directed to: The Municipal Manager, and Director Corporate Services on tel: (035) 592 0680 during office hours from 08h00 to 16h00.
The Umhlabuyalingana Local Municipality’s recruitment and selection process is in terms of the Municipality’s Employment Equity Plan. Canvassing of any form for the position within the municipality will result immediate disqualification if validated.
MUNICIPAL MANAGER: MRS. N.P. GAMEDE