Maphumulo Municipality, a category B1 hereby invites applications
from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for appointment
to the following permanent position.
ACCOUNTANT: BUDGET, FINANCIAL REPORTING AND COMPLIANCE
SALARY: R271 545.38 – R352 480.37 P.A. (TASK 12)
• An appropriate B. Com degree or three (3) year National Diploma with Accounting as a major from a recognized Tertiary Institution
• Two (2) years’ experience in local government environment, with at least one (1) year experience in budgeting and financial reporting
• Valid unendorsed Code 8 driver’s licence
• Pastel evolution experience
•Must be able to communicate fluently in both IsiZulu and English
• Certificate in minimum competency Level as required by National Treasury will be advantageous.
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
• Sound knowledge of the Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA)
• Understanding of budget process flow
• Clear understanding of budget principles and reporting standards
• Good budget and financial management skills
• Must be able to monitor and control budget
• Must be able to use MSCOA
• Must have good report writing skills
• Must be able to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines.
Key performance areas:
• Preparation of reports in terms of MFMA
• Prepare Annual Budget according to National Treasury regulations
• Perform budget monitoring
• Ensure the correct allocation of expenditure and income
• Prepare Annual Financial Statements according to Generally Recognized Accounting Practice Standards
• Reconcile investments and bank accounts
• Assist with intern’s training and supervision allocated to the Unit
• Prepare reports for submission to National and Provincial Treasury in terms of the MFMA, and to Statistics SA and other stakeholders
• Interaction with Internal and External Auditors
• Making budget information upon request.
Fringe benefits: In addition to the above salary, the Municipality will offer a 13th cheque and further contribute towards the employee’s Pension/Provident Fund and Medical Aid in accordance with its policy.
If you meet the requirements for this post, please forward your application letter, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of your tertiary qualification Certificates and driver’s licence to: The Municipal Manager, Maphumulo Municipality, Private Bag X 9205, Maphumulo 4470.
All applications and enquiries must be directed to: Mr N.D. Hlongwa, on tel. (032) 4814500. (Applications that are on Z83, incomplete, late, faxed or e-mailed applications WILL NOT be accepted).
CLOSING DATE: 02 NOVEMBER 2018 AT 12H00.
Communication will only be with short-listed candidates. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right to make or not to make any appointment.
The Council is an equal opportunity employer and subscribes to and employment policy which is non-racial, non-discriminatory, non sexist and based on merit.
P.N. MHLONGO: MUNICIPAL MANAGER