Johannesburg Water (SOC) Ltd
Johannesburg Water (SOC) Ltd is a municipal entity owned by the City of Johannesburg. Its core purpose is to provide water and sanitation services to approximately 5.3 million people of Johannesburg. It has a R10 bn turnover employing ± 2700 people. Johannesburg Water will ensure that the selection and recruitment process is employment equity compliant and in line with the company’s EE plan.
ACCOUNTANT: FIXED ASSETS
REF. NO: AFA- JW340/2019
REMUNERATION: R290 016.00 BASIC SALARY PER ANNUM
Purpose: Execution of the ongoing maintenance (including generation of accounting entries) of the fixed assets management system on SAP, including the orderly maintenance of the Fixed Assets Register and appropriate sources of funding in alignment to the applicable accounting standards.
- Maintain the register to ensure its currency, accuracy and reliability in Accordance with accounting policy
- Journalise the operating costs requiring capitalisation and process in SAP
- Plan and execute inventories of fixed assets and associated verification exercise
- Perform the reconciliation of Assets under construction monthly
- Capitalise the Assets in accordance with policy for management of fixed assets and in alignment to accounting standards
- Maintain adequate audit trails so as to provide necessary documentary evidence to support asset acquisition
- Reconcile all Income Statement and Balance Sheet accounts as relates to Fixed Assets and Deferred Income are performed to ensure accuracy and reliability of information on General Ledger
- Plan and execute annual verification in accordance with requirements set out by management
- Collation and reconciliation of inventory results.
Qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12 (NQF 4) and National Diploma in Accounting (NQF 6)
- 2 years’ experience in the financial / fixed assets field
- Microsoft Packages, SAP FI and AP OR
- Grade 12 (NQF 4) and 2nd year current studies towards National Diploma (NQF 6) in Accounting
- 5 years’ experience in the financial field with current studies
- Microsoft Packages, SAP FI and AP.
Please forward your CV and qualifications to e-mail: email@example.com quoting the relevant reference number and job title in the subject line of your correspondence.
CLOSING DATE: 03 APRIL 2019.
Correspondence will be conducted with shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.