The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
WATER AND WASTE SERVICES ● WATER AND SANITATION ● BULK SERVICES ● BULK WATER
AREA MANAGER: BULK WATER
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 162 715 TO R1 571 939 PER ANNUM • REF NO: WS 183/21
- BTech or degree in Watercare/Civil Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Industrial Engineering
- Eight (8) years’ relevant water-related operations experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ appropriate management experience
- A valid Code EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Identifying and defining the immediate, short- and long-term objectives/plans
- Analysing and aligning requirements with operating capacity and capability
- Providing input into current and future interventions necessary to achieve acceptable levels and standards of service delivery to the Manager
- Directing and controlling outcomes associated with utilisation, productivity and performance of personnel
- Preparing capital and operating estimates and controls expenditure against the approved budget allocations
- Analysing operating requirements and forward plans to establish/determine funding/expenditure for the period
- Managing the formulation of specific contracts and tender documents and controlling contractual obligations
- Directing and controlling the professional, technical and operational outcomes associated with the functions related to functional area
- Disseminating functional and operational information on the immediate, short- and long-term objectives and current developments, problems and constraints
- Ensuring information, advice or opinions on relevant matters is made available and/or communicated through the various mediums and accurately interpreted through the provision of adequate and clear explanation.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 19 November 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.