The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
COMMUNITY SERVICES AND HEALTH • RECREATION AND PARKS
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 162 715 PER ANNUM • REF NO: RP 05/21 • AREA SOUTH (MUIZENBERG)
- A relevant B degree in Parks and Recreation Management, Facilities Management, Public Management or similar related field
- A minimum of Eight (8) years’ relevant experience required with proven managerial and project management experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of local government services and environment as well as legislation applicable to Local Government, Council policies, processes and procedures
- Results-driven approach and proven track record of service delivery in a related field
- Stakeholder management and ability to interface at political level
- A valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
Key performance areas:
- Planning, leading, directing and managing the financial and human resources and assets of entire area within the Department
- Managing the service delivery and operational function of the service area
- Developing and delivering Recreation and Parks developmental programmes and services and projects in line with corporate strategies, service delivery priorities and departmental service delivery business implementation plan
- Leading and managing an integrated and transversal approach to programmes implementation and service delivery
- Managing relations and strategic partnerships with various stakeholders
- Managing and overseeing the portfolio of immoveable assets, parks and designated open spaces, amenities and cemeteries (including reservation systems related thereto)
- Contract management of contractual agreements with service providers, service delivery partners and facility users
- Management of the human resources within the area
- Financial and budgetary management and control of the area.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 4 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.