City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES AND ASSET MANAGEMENT● FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
ARTISAN CONSTRUCTION: BRICK LAYER
BASIC SALARY: R248 347 PER ANNUM • REF NO: EOA 05/21
- A relevant trade certificate (Masonry)
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience in Built Environment
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Proven supervisory experience
- A valid Code B driver’s licence (PDP would be advantageous).
Key performance areas:
- Coordinating and controlling the set-up, work in progress and completion of specialised tasks associated with bricklaying maintenance and repairs
- Interpreting and coordinating pre-work and site requirements with regards to installation, repairs and planned maintenance
- Completing and recording internal documentation
- Coordinating and performing the activities associated with masonry work in order to ensure installation, safety procedures and guidelines are complied with
- Executing tasks in accordance with standards associated with quality workmanship
- Supervising, inspecting and approving workmanship of personnel
- Performing fault-finding and repairs.
CLOSING DATE: 9 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.