City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● ENGINEERING AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
BASIC SALARY: R288 298 TO R318 157 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 84/21 ● SACK CIRCLE
- Trade Tested Artisan (Diesel or Petrol Mechanic)
- Up to two (2) years’ relevant post-apprentice experience
- General knowledge of 12 volt and 24 volt auto electrical related work (advantageous)
- A valid Code B/EB driver’s licence with PDP
- Knowledge of petrol/diesel driven mechanical plants and vehicles
- Physically fit and able-bodied
- Required to work in all weather conditions, outside normal working hours, during emergencies and planned overtime
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision.
Key performance areas:
- Coordinating activities and sequences associated with troubleshooting/fault finding and repairing by ensuring faults are detected and repaired and functionally restored with minimal disruption to services
- Completing internal transactional documentation (time sheets, log sheets, progress and productivity field report, stock taking sheets and related forms
- Operating heavy and/or specialised vehicles and equipment
- Coordinating activities such as building maintenance, mechanical, electrical by ensuring scheduled planned and predictive maintenance cycle are complied with.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 25 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.