City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES AND ASSET MANAGEMENT ● FLEET MANAGEMENT
ARTISAN (ENGINEERING): DIESEL/PLANT MECHANIC
BASIC SALARY: R288 298 PER ANNUM • REF NO: EOA 07/21 • HILLSTAR AND FUTURE VACANCIES
- A relevant Trade Test Certificate in Diesel and/or Plant
- Up to three (3) years’ post-apprentice experience in a plant or vehicles environment.
- A valid Code C driver’s licence (PrDP will be advantageous)
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions, outside normal working hours, during emergencies and planned overtime.
Key performance areas:
- Coordinating all vehicles and plant troubleshooting, testing, fault-finding and repairing activities and ensuring that functionality is restored with minimal disruption to services
- Complete internal transactional documentation, such as time sheet, log sheets and vehicle checklists
- Coordinating planned and predictive maintenance activities associated within specific functional areas, such as building, mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Providing an inspection and testing service to the workshop for vehicles, plant, equipment and fixed installations in order to establish the extent of damage
- Providing labour to effect service and repairs for vehicles or plant
- Assembling mechanical components for reinstallation in vehicles or plant
- Attending to field services/repairs as well as on site breakdowns
- Maintaining safe work standards as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff.
CLOSING DATE: 9 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.