City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● ENGINEERING AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
BASIC SALARY: R288 298 PER ANNUM • REF NO: WS 78/21 • SIMONSTOWN
- Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter
- Working experience on plant equipment maintenance and repairs inclusive of pumps, valves, penstocks and associated machinery
- A valid Code B/EB driver’s licence
- Physically fit and able-bodied
- Required to work in all weather conditions, outside normal working hours, during emergencies and planned overtime, work at heights and in confined spaces
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Key performance areas:
- Co-ordinating activities and sequences associated with troubleshooting/fault finding and repairs by ensuring faults are detected and repaired and functionally restored with minimal disruption to services
- Completing internal transactional documentation (time sheets, log sheets, progress and productivity field report, stock taking sheets and related forms
- Operating heavy and/or specialised vehicles and equipment.
- Performing preventative and predictive maintenance to ensure availability and reliability of mechanical equipment related to wastewater, bulk water and reticulation plants
- Repairing, overhauling, installation, testing and inspection of mechanical assets at water treatment facilities and pumping stations
- Compliance to organisational policies and procedures as well as statutory and regulatory requirements relating to ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 to ensure a safe and healthy working environment
- Reporting any defects, incidents and accidents to the line manager immediately.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 18 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.