Transport and Public Works
EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
TRANSPORT AND PUBLIC WORKS
ARTISAN PUPIL (APPRENTICE)
8 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Reference number: TPW 2019-45
Salary: R124 914 per annum plus 37% in lieu of service benefits (As prescribed by OSD)
Enquiries person: Mr I Louw at 021 959 7700
The Department of Transport and Public Works seeks to train eight (8) apprentices in technical design, production, operation and maintenance services in the apprentice training school and at a technical college under the supervision of an artisan. These positions (seven (7) Diesel Mechanic Apprentices and one (1) Welder Apprentice) will be based in Bellville.
- A Technical Matric Certificate or (N stream) with Mathematics and Science as passed subjects
- Candidates must be under the age of 21.
Key performance areas:
- Produce designs and objects according to the year programme
- Inspect equipment and construction plant with the Artisan for technical/mechanical faults
- Repair construction equipment and machinery according to standards
- Test repaired construction equipment and machinery with the Artisan against specifications
- Service construction equipment and machinery according to schedule
- Keep and maintain job record and other registers
- Maintain and keep to modules for development as prescribed by P-Seta
- School 1, 2 and 3 training in the Training School at Bellville Mechanical Workshop to the modules of P-Seta
- Attend Technical College once a year (National Technical Certificate [NTC] N-Stream)
- Practical training with an Artisan at a workshop within the boundaries of the Western Cape Government: Transport Branch.
- Communication skills (written and verbal) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
Closing date: 23 April 2019
NB: Applicants from relevant local communities will receive preference. The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
To apply, you must submit a manual application. Please complete an application form (Z 83) and current CV (5 pages maximum) together with certified copies of ID, Academic qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the advertisement. The position being applied for and the reference number must be clearly indicated on the Z83 application form.
Hand Deliveries (between 08:00 and 16:00 to the attention of S van der Merwe, Bellville Mechanical Workshop, Robert Sobukwe Road, Bellville South. Postal Deliveries: Private Bag X 2, Kasselsvlei 7533.
Late or faxed applications will not be considered.
The WCG is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.