City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Energy and Climate Change ● Sustainable Energy Markets (SEM)
ASSISTANT PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: NET ZERO CARBON BUILDINGS
Basic Salary: R326 208 – R407 745PER ANNUM • REF NO: NRG 13/21 ● Bloemhof Bellville: Head Office
- National Diploma, degree or BTech Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Urban Planning, Development Studies, Building Physics, Environmental Science, Quantity Surveyor or Urban Planning
- At least one (1) year’s relevant experience
- An understanding of energy efficiency, renewable energy, built environment and development regulations
- Excellent written and spoken ability in English.
Key performance areas:
- Providing support for the development, implementation and management of projects
- Conducting research, analysing data as required (including for example: financial implications and economic cost/benefit)
- Communicating to internal and external stakeholders, making research results and other information accessible and writing up projects for publication as needed/when opportunities arise
Drafting correspondence and responding to enquiries as well as safekeeping and correct procedure for filing of all documentation on relevant digital platforms
CLOSING DATE: 9 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.