The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ECONOMIC GROWTH ● PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
ASSISTANT PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: PROPERTY DISPOSAL
BASIC SALARY: R337 626 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: EG 10/22 ● CAPE TOWN, CIVIC CENTRE
- BTech, National Diploma or first degree relevant to property management and/or property law
- Two (2) years’ or more relevant experience as per KPAs
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and SAP.
Key performance areas:
- Ensure effective disposal/lease of Council properties, ensure implementation of Council’s strategic objectives, the compilation of an annual disposal/leave programme and maximise financial, economic, environmental and/or social benefits and returns through the sale/lease of Council owned properties not required for municipal purposes
- Assist with disposal management process under the management of a senior for the sale/lease of property
- Further implement the property transaction in order to ensure effective disposal/lease of Council properties, comply with the MFMA and MATR and the City’s relevant property policy and give effect to City’s strategic objectives
- Ensure accurate information dissemination to all stakeholders on the disposal/lease of municipal property
- Participate in the branch and Department’s communication system and strategy through attendance of branch and workflow and other meetings.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 17 June 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.