Nelson Mandela University
Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer
Post Code: 4294
Department: Information Technology
Campus: Port Elizabeth
South Africa, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Nelson Mandela University is a new generation university, committed to offering accessible higher education in a dynamic environment of excellence and innovation. We are committed to the growth and development of our people as the key to our continued excellence and quality.
Core Job Purpose: To facilitate and administer the learning process for students in modules presented by the Nelson Mandela University at undergraduate level and postgraduate level, to do research, contribute to community engagement and to be involved in the core function of the University.
Key Performance Areas:
- Facilitate teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Contribute to the creation of knowledge by virtue of postgraduate studies, publications and supervision
- Perform academic administration
- Participate in projects targeted at community service and engagement.
- Ability to facilitate learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level in software development and information systems
- Knowledge in the fields of Cybersecurity/AI/gaming would be advantageous
- Ability to actively engage in and supervise postgraduate research
- Ability to synthesise information to design learning experiences
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences through various media
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Doctorate degree in Information Technology/ Computing Sciences
- Evidence of a research portfolio, in line with the level of the post, must include papers published in accredited journals and subject-specific conference proceedings
- Substantial relevant experience in which competency has been gained in line with the relevant post.
Enquiries: Ms Fa-eeza Grimsel, tel. 041 504 3555 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: 28 July 2019
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved University’s Employment Equity Plan.