City of Cape Town
Audit and Performance Audit Committee
The City of Cape Town seeks to appoint independent, suitably qualified persons with knowledge of auditing, risk management, finance, governance, operational monitoring, and performance management to serve on the Audit and Performance Audit Committee, a key component of the City’s good governance structure.
Appointment will be subject to Council approval and will be for a three-year period. Remuneration will be in accordance with a tariff approved by Council.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification and Audit Committee/Performance Audit Committee experience
- Knowledge of the Municipal Finance Management Act
- More than eight (8) years’ experience in executive management within corporate governance, probity services, compliance and law within the public sector
- The incumbent must possess depth of knowledge, be respected in the industry and brave in their governance approach
- No criminal record
- Resident of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of auditing, risk management, finance, governance, ethics, performance management, operations, information technology, sustainability, relevant financial reporting and legislative frameworks, analytical and probing capability, demonstrable knowledge of strategic and management principles and logical reasoning ability.
- Candidates who possess skills in internal auditing, performance management, combined assurance, risk management and IT governance will be considered favourably, as the Audit and Performance Audit Committee is strengthening its oversight capacity in these areas.
Please forward a comprehensive CV, marked ‘Private and confidential: Audit Committee application’ by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 March 2021
No late applications will be considered.
Enquiries: Portfolio Manager: Probity: Lindiwe Ndaba, tel. 021 400 1337.