PROVINCE OF KWAZULU-NATAL
The uMzimkhulu Municipality an equal opportunity employer requires the services of suitable qualified, skills and experienced candidate for the under mentioned challenging position.
AUDIT COMMITTEE MEMBER
In accordance with the provision of Section 166 of the Municipal Finance Management Act, each Municipality is required to constitute an Audit Committee that will serve as an independent advisory body which must advise the Municipal Council, the Accounting Officer and the Management of the Municipality. Council invites suitably qualified person to submit their CV’s and motivation for their appointment to the Audit Committee Member.
Requirements: Factors which will influence your appointment include:
- A relevant post graduate degree in Accounting, Risk Management, Performance Management, Auditing, Legal Studies, Information and Communication Technology and Civil Engineering
- Proven expertise and experience in the fields of financial management; risk management; performance management; legal practice; Internal Auditing/Auditing, human resources, legislation impacting upon Local Government
- Understanding of King IV Corporate Governance Reports
- Willingness to serve in the interest of the public in a responsible manner; and
- Understanding of Local Government issues and national development imperatives.
Candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Willingness to dedicate time and energy
- Good communication skills
- Analytical reasoning abilities
- Natural curiosity; and
Key performance areas:
- An Audit Committee Member will advise the municipal council, the political office-bearers, the accounting officer and the management staff of the municipality, or the board of directors, the accounting officer and the management staff of the municipal entity, on matters relating to:
- Internal financial control and internal audits
- Risk management
- Accounting policies
- The adequacy, reliability and accuracy of financial reporting and information
- Performance management
- Effective governance
- Compliance with MFMA, the Division of Revenue Act and any other applicable legislation
- Performance evaluation; and
- Any other issues referred to it by the municipality or municipal entity
- Review the annual financial statements
- Respond to the council on any issues raised by the Auditor-General in the audit report
- Carry out investigations into the financial affairs of the municipality; and
- Perform such other functions as may be prescribed.
Remuneration: Members who are appointed will be remunerated for attending meetings in accordance with the prescripts and guidelines of National Treasury.
All applications with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and application letter, certified copies of educational qualification must be addressed to: The Municipal Manager, Attention: Corporate Service Manager, UMzimkhulu Municipality P O Box 53, UMzimkhulu, 3297, or hand delivery to 169 Main Street, UMzimkhulu Municipality Old Main Building to the Corporate Services Manager Office.
CLOSING DATE: 19 APRIL 2019.
Enquires can be directed to: The Corporate Services Manager, on tel. 039 259 5021.
No faxed or e-mailed application will be accepted.
Canvassing support from municipal officials and councillors is prohibited and any person found guilty thereof will be disqualified with immediate effect
The UMzimkhulu Municipality is committed to achievement and maintenance of employment equity and diversity especially in respect of race, gender and disability, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply and state their disability.
UMzimkhulu Municipality is an equal opportunity employer with strong gender bias, woman disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
MR Z. S. SIKHOSANA: MUNICIPAL MANAGER