Tongaat-Hulett is an agriculture and agri-processing business, focusing on the complementary feedstocks of sugarcane and maize. Its on-going activities in agriculture have resulted in the company having a substantial land portfolio. Tongaat-Hulett’s unique skill and competence in the conversion of agricultural land to development, is a key driver of the fundamental shift in the pace and value unlock from the company’s land conversion activities and property portfolio.
Through its sugar and starch operations, Tongaat-Hulett produces a range of refined carbohydrate products from sugarcane and maize, with a number of products being interchangeable. The business’s sugar operations are well placed to benefit from evolving dynamics of renewable electricity and ethanol in South Africa, and the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region. Tongaat-Hulett’s long-standing and deep appreciation of the socio-economic profile of the region is an integral component of the business being able to deliver on its strategic objectives..
Felixton Sugar Mill in Northern KwaZulu-Natal is looking for a Boiler Mechanical Foreman to join their team.
Boiler Mechanical Foreman
Reporting to the Plant Engineer, key responsibilities will include:
• Taking responsibility for the execution of preventative mechanical and breakdown maintenance in the boilers, power generation and related systems
• Providing leadership to artisans responsible for repairing boiler auxiliaries
• Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement
• Maintaining proper housekeeping within the incumbent’s area of control and comply with all SHE rules and regulations
• Managing day to day staff issues
• Performing any ad-hoc duties as may be required.
Qualifications, experience and personal qualities:
• Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Trade Tested Artisan with Matric
• 5 years’ experience in Boiler and Turbine operations, preferably in a Sugar Mill
• Exposure to water tube boilers essential. Also exposure to SAP would be advantageous
• Hard worker, proactive, ability to interact effectively at all levels, self-motivated, has sense of urgency, tenacity, good attitude and troubleshooting ability.
Applications with detailed CV’s and certified copies of qualifications and ID should be addressed to: Mr T. Hlongwane, Assistant Human Resources Manager, Tongaat-Hulett Sugar, P/Bag x 2, Felixton, 3875. E-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: 04 October 2018.
NB: No late applications will be considered.
If you are not contacted within three weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This appointment will be made in accordance with the company employment equity objectives. This includes persons with disabilities.