City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SPATIAL PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT • DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
CHIEF PLANS EXAMINER
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 PER ANNUM • REF NO: SPE 05/21
- A three-year tertiary qualification (Diploma) in any relevant Built Environment discipline
- Knowledge and implementation of the National Building Regulations and the South African National Standards requirements
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Code B/EB driver’s licence
- A minimum of five (5) years’ appropriate experience with three (3) years’ supervisory experience at an appropriate level.
Key performance areas:
- Managing the processing of Building Development Applications
- Ensuring that building development applications comply with all National Building Regulations and Standards as well as all applicable legislation and the approved tariff structure
- Liaising with external and internal parties regarding building development applications
- Supervising and managing subordinate staff
- Administering and coordinating the building development assessment process.