City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CIVIL ENGINEER: SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 PER ANNUM • REF NO: TRA 13/21
- A degree or National Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering
- At least five (5) years appropriate post qualification technical and managerial experience in the management of roads and stormwater infrastructure in an urban environment as well as managing professional staff
- A valid driver’s licence
- Preparedness to work after hours, including weekends when required
- Must be contactable on cell phone on a 24/7 basis.
Key performance areas:
- Managing a team of professionals and operations of a district or head office.
- Providing input for the compilation and prioritisation of the operational and capital budget for maintenance and rehabilitation of roads, stormwater, lane markings, signs, street furniture parking areas, rivers, fences, guardrails and all services ancillary to roads and stormwater
- Implementing maintenance and rehabilitation programmes in line with approved budget allocations and prioritisation
- Providing input into development applications and engineering designs
- Managing the issuing of wayleaves and permits to service authorities and contractors
- Providing technical input into term tenders for goods and services
- Managing the implementation of capital and operational projects
- Liaising with depots, contractors and professionals to ensure maintenance programmes and technical standards are complied with.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 11 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.