Department of Transport and Public Works
EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
TRANSPORT AND PUBLIC WORKS
CLEANER: TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES (12 POSTS AVAILABLE) CAPE TOWN
Reference number: TPW 2019-64
Salary: R102 534 per annum (Salary Level 2)
Enquiries: Ms W Groenewald at 021 483 5423
- The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government aims to employ 12 individuals to render a cleaning service. Do routine and specific cleaning tasks to ensure a high standard of hygiene and neatness within and around the workplace. These posts are based in Cape Town.
- Basic literacy and numeracy (ABET Level).
- Appropriate office cleaning experience and use of cleaning equipment
- Experience in cleaning services
- Render food services and general support.
Key performance areas:
- Sweep, scrub, mop floors and vacuum carpets in offices, dust and polish of furniture (high and low dusting)
- Dust/wash light fittings
- Cleaning of toilet cubicles, rooms and urinals
- Clean lifts and staircases, cleaning of reachable windows and glass partitions
- Disposal of office waste to waste area
- Ensure that cleaning equipment, vacuums, scrubbing machines, mops, brooms and buckets are clean and securely stored.
- Good interpersonal relations
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills in at least two of three official languages of the Western Cape.
Closing date: 13 May 2019
NB: Applicants from relevant local communities will receive preference. The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
To apply, please complete an application form (Z 83) and current CV (5 pages maximum) together with certified copies of ID, Academic qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the advertisement. The post being applied for and the reference number must be clearly indicated on the Z83 application form.
To submit your application, only use 1 of the 3 options available: (1) Hand deliver to: Affirmative Portfolios, Unit 14, 1st floor, 3 Canal Edge, Tyger Waterfront, Carl Cronje Drive, Bellville, 7530 (Between 08:00 and 17:00). (2) Postal address: PO 5496, Tyger Valley Centre Parking Area, Bellville 7536. (3) E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Only one application will be accepted per job. Applications not submitted on or before the closing date as well as faxed applications will not be considered.
The WCG is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.