Department of Health
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
- GANSBAAI CLINIC (1 POST)
- HERMANUS CDC (1 POST)
CLEANER (2 POSTS)
REMUNERATION: R102 534 PER ANNUM
SERVICE BENEFITS: 13TH CHEQUE, EMPLOYER’S CONTRIBUTION TO THE PENSION FUND, HOUSING AND MEDICAL AID ALLOWANCE
Requirements: Minimum requirement:
- Basic numeracy and literacy. Experience: Appropriate cleaning experience in a hospital/clinic environment. Inherent requirements for the job: Physically able to lift and move heavy objects
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment. Competencies (knowledge/skills): Knowledge of the correct methods of handling and disposal of refuse/waste products and adherence to policy and cleaning practices
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages in the Western Cape
- Good interpersonal skills.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Provide a clean, hygienic and safe environment within the clinic, ie sweeping, scrubbing, refuse removal, high dusting, mopping, polishing, cleaning clinic grounds, cleaning of windows and walls
- Effective and efficient utilisation and storage of cleaning material and equipment
- Adhere to safety precautions and ensure adherence to occupational health and safety policies
- Maintain a high standard of neatness and hygiene in the facility
- Optimal support to Operational Manager and colleagues.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Successful candidate may be subject to pretesting.
Enquiries: Ms MA Samuels, tel. 028 313 5200
Closing Date: 21 June 2019
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE ATTENTION OF MS AM BRITS, TO THE DIRECTOR: OVERBERG DISTRICT OFFICE, CALEDON 7230.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly refl ect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the aforementioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CVs will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.