City of Cape Town
CITY OF CAPE TOWN JOB OPPORTUNITIES
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
COMMUNITY SERVICES AND HEALTH
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 TO R1 065 518 PER ANNUM • REF NO: HS 63/21 • CIVIC CENTRE AND CLINICS IN THE CAPE METRO
- A Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology
- Two (2) years’ completed internship and community service
- Current valid registration as a Clinical Psychologist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Experience in culturally diverse settings and proficiency in at least two of the official languages of SouthAfrica
- A valid driver’s licence
- Experience in primary health care services will be desirable.
Key performance areas:
- Providing primary care mental health psychology interventions for patients, including diagnosis, counselling and therapeutic interventions at various clinics
- Conducting patient psychometric assessments and generate reports for use in clinical and educational settings (limited to availability of tests and other resources)
- Participating in the clinic-based HIV/TB multidisciplinary team meeting
- Providing support to staff to ensure a coordinated approach to City Health primary care mental health services
- Advocating for appropriate mental health services for patients in clinic settings
- Performing several job-related administrative duties, including the writing of patient reports and analysing data.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 12 November 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.