The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
COMMUNITY SERVICES AND HEALTH ● CITY HEALTH
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R870 029 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: HS 33/22 ● CIVIC CENTRE AND CLINICS IN THE CAPE METRO
- A Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology
- Two (2) years’ completed internship and community service
- Current valid registration as a CLINICAL Psychologist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Experience in culturally diverse settings and proficiency in at least two of the official languages of South Africa
- A valid driver’s licence
- Experience in primary health care services is desirable.
Key performance areas:
- Provide primary care mental health psychology interventions for patients, including diagnosis, counselling and therapeutic interventions at various clinics
- Conduct patient psychometric assessments and generate reports for use in clinical and educational settings (limited to availability of tests and other resources)
- Participate in the clinic-based HIV/TB multidisciplinary team meeting
- Provide support to staff to ensure a coordinated approach to City Health primary care mental health services
- Advocate for appropriate mental health services for patients in clinic settings
- Perform several job-related administrative duties, including the writing of patient reports and analysing data and project management.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 1 July 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.