- Full Time
- Cape Town
Website Cape Town Tourism
Information and Reservation Consultant (Mobile Team)
Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the relevant Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for administrating the telephonic and electronic information and reservations activities as well as dealing with walk in visitors. The applicant will also interact with visitors face to face at events and activations.
The position requires an individual with excellent telephonic, face to face and written communication skills at all levels, a good, practical tourism experience, preferably in a public environment, excellent sales skills, intermediate computer literacy and the ability to communicate effectively and confidently in general with domestic, foreign visitors and tourism businesses.
Target driven and sales focused individuals with proven track records of meeting both retail sales and booking sales targets will be considered. The applicant needs to be passionate about Cape Town and be a true Cape Town ambassador.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist walk-in visitors and event visitors with general information, retails sales and bookings
- Dealing accurately and effectively with all electronic, face to face and telephonic tourism information enquiries and successfully converting these enquiries into reservations and sales
- Ensuring accurate statistics on reservations request, number of reservations and type of reservations to prepare an analysis for financial controls
- Accurate and timeously administration and reporting
- Dealing with membership enquiries
- Supporting tourism marketing campaigns
- Dealing with and co-ordinating stand set up at events.
Competencies / Skills:
- 2 years’ working experience, preferably in the hospitality/tourism related industry
- National /Occupational Certificate with a duration of up to 2 year
- Excellent customer, sales and administration skill
- Knowledge of Cape Town Tourism products, SANParks and of the Western Cape will be highly recommended
- Intermediate MS Office, experience with working on an electronic financial and booking are prerequisites
- Roomseeker and Computicket experience would be advantageous
- Ability to speak and write at least two SA languages fluently of which English should be one
- Ability to use your initiative
- Successful candidate would need to work shifts, over weekends and public holidays
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, please register and logon to our careers section, on our website: www.capetown.travel
Closing date: 18 February 2019
No telephonic enquiries will be attended to. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Cape Town Tourism is committed to employment equity. In line with our employment equity plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced equity candidates.