Nelson Mandela University
Community Platform Coordinator (Advanced Primary Healthcare Nurse) x2 posts
Post Code: 7400 / 7404
Department: Health Science Management
Campus: Port Elizabeth
South Africa, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Nelson Mandela university is a dynamic African university offering an innovative health sciences education model aimed at addressing South African healthcare need as it establishes the country’s 10th medical school on its Missionvale campus. The university is seeking healthcare professionals who embrace the values of Nelson Mandela and who are committed to living his legacy in creating a more equal and just society for all.
Core Job Purpose: To work together with the Faculty of Health Sciences to establish and build relationships on the distributive platform to facilitate student Community Health placements.
Key Performance Areas:
- Establishment of the distributive platform at Missionvale Campus in Port Elizabeth
- Management and coordination of Medical and Faculty of Health Sciences student clinical and community placements
- To assist with the coordination of activities for the mobile health education platform
- To assist with the facilitation of teaching of students for the provision of primary health care services on the mobile health education platform
- To assist with the establishment of a functional clinical skills laboratory for Medical and Health Science students.
- Understanding of and commitment to primary health care and district health care
- Research experience
- Competent in rendering comprehensive primary health care services
- Understanding of HPCSA Core Competencies for Undergraduate Programmes in South Africa (2014)
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people at all levels
- Good project management and general management skills.
- Master’s or Ph.D in Nursing Science in Advanced Primary Health Care
- Registered as a Nurse (PHC, General, Community, Psychiatric or and Midwife) with the South African Nursing Council
- Postgraduate diploma/degree in Nursing Education and Nursing Management or Health Professions Education and registered as such with the SANC.
- At least five years’ clinical experience in Primary Healthcare Nursing
- Code 10 driver’s licence or prepared to obtain one within three months of date of commencement
- At least five years’ teaching experience
- Sound knowledge of the South African public health system
- Sound experience in research
- Strong MS Office skills.
Kindly submit a cover letter, CV and certified copies of qualifications, ID and driver’s licence to Ms Fa-eeza Grimsel; tel. 041 504 3555 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: 28 July 2019
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved University’s Employment Equity Plan.