Website Mother 2 Mother
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at
12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org
Community Service and Linkages Manager
THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS WILL BE BASED IN MBOMBELA.
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Public Health with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field
• 5 years’ of progressively responsible experience in a technical advisory role for large-scale family and community-based programs, with a focus on vulnerable children and youth preferred
• 3 years of experience serving in a technical advisory role for PEPFAR-funded activity, with a focus on improving the wellbeing of orphans, vulnerable children and adolescents and youth (OVCA&Y) and HIV prevention among AGYW
• Demonstrated experience in strengthening coordination and linkages between clinical and community stakeholders, health and social service workforces; and operationalizing integrated service delivery models
• Demonstrated working knowledge of PEPFAR Technical Guidance for OVCA&Y and HIV prevention
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
• Working knowledge of siSwati and other local languages in Mpumalanga (e.g. isiNdele, isiZulu, Northern Sotho, Xitsonga).
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
For a more detail advert and to apply, please visit the website via
https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 02 November 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not hear from us by 21 December 2018, you may consider your application unsuccessful.