The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ENERGY AND CLIMATE CHANGE • ELECTRICITY GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 PER ANNUM • REF NO: NRG 24/21
- A National diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineer’s Certificate of Competency (Factories)
- Eight (8) years’ managerial experience in the Electrical Engineering field
- A valid Code EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Managing the key performance areas within the District through investigation, analysis and interpretation of developmental requirements against the capacity and capability of the District to achieve its service delivery objectives
- Identifying and defining immediate, short- and long-term objectives/plans associated with the District in terms of forward planning
- Directing and controlling the key performance Indicators of personnel to promote productivity, performance and staff development within a District
- Preparing capital and operating budget proposals and motivating and controlling expenditure against approved budget allocations
- Managing the formulation of specific contracts and tender documents and controlling the specified contractual obligations
- Directing and controlling the professional, technical and operational outcomes associated with the functions of the District.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 4 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.