Ubuhlebezwe Municipality with its seat in Ixopo invites applications from
suitably qualified persons for appointment to the following positions.
Salary Scale: R118 404.84 – R153 707.64 p.a. (T6)
Applicable Benefits: Medical Aid, Pension, 13th Cheque and Home
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Bachelor’s degree/National diploma in Accounting
• Minimum of 1 year experience in Debtors and/or Billing environment
• Ability to work under pressure
• Assertiveness and proactiveness
• Computer literacy.
Key performance areas:
• Process transactional data referring to specific transactional documentation and recordings, attend to amendments and adjustments and the posting of transactions to specific accounts
• Execute procedures with respect to reconciliation of rates and services related income for
• Attend to the printing and posting of consolidated bills to customers
• Complete details on reminder notification indicating amount outstanding and
circulating to account holders
• Analyse the debtors system and formalize a list of defaulting customers in terms of the Municipality’s approved Credit Control Policy and procedures
• Prepare documentation and records for handover to activate legal proceedings and collection
• Document payment term arrangements as agreed to with the customer
• Monitor credit agreement payments
• Prepare a list of all government department accounts that are in default
• Monitor, follow up on and clear the suspense account
• Prepare weekly and monthly management reports
• Allocat customer deposits to relevant accounts
• Execute write off sequences for unrecoverable debts upon approval
• Attend to specific correspondence and telephonic enquiries, and communicating and providing routine information.
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
A signed letter of application indicating the position being applied for, together
with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates
and Identity Document, must be forwarded to: The Municipal Manager, P. O.
Box 132, Ixopo 3276 by not later than 16h00 on 16 November 2018. Faxed
applications will not be accepted. If you do not hear from Council within 30
days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
All enquiries should be directed to the HR Officer, Ms B. Nondabula at (039) 834-7700.
Council reserves the right not to make any appointment into the above
G.M. SINEKE: MUNICIPAL MANAGER
BUDGET AND TREASURY OFFICE