City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE • WATER AND SANITATION • DISTRIBUTION SERVICES • RETICULATION
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R912 469 to R1 269 916 PER ANNUM • REF NO: WS 79/21
- A relevant degree/National Diploma in Engineering (BTech/BSc in Engineering would be an added advantage)
- Eight (8) years’ relevant experience at a supervisory level
- Computer literacy in MS applications and knowledge of SAP will be an advantage
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Managing and controlling resources at district depots to ensure effective service delivery in a region
- Managing effective expansion and development in the region by providing input to the Water Services Development Plan and Reticulation Master Plans
- Monitoring and controlling operational water demand interventions in the district
- Managing the compilation, control and implementation of minor capital and operating budgets of the region
- Managing the maintenance and control of all fixed and movable assets of Reticulation Branch in the region and implementing programmes to maintain water and sewerage infrastructure
- Managing the quality, distribution and control of potable and recycled water in accordance with the Water Services Act and other relevant legislation
- Managing the conveyance of sewerage in accordance with relevant legislation
- Managing administrative functions and human resources.
PLEASE NOTE: THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK OUTSIDE NORMAL WORKING HOURS DURING EMERGENCIES AND PLANNED OVERTIME, SHIFTS AND BE ON STANDBY WHEN REQUIRED.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 18 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.