The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SAFETY AND SECURITY ● METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT
DEPUTY CHIEF: POLICING STANDARDS AND LOGISTICS
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 162 715 TO 1 571 939 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: SS 26/21 ● CAPE TOWN
Please note: This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who previously applied for SS 15/21 need not re-apply as their application are being considered.
- Relevant B degree
- Registered as a Municipal Police member in terms of Regulation 11 of the SAPS Amendment Act, 1995
- Extensive proven relevant experience of which five (5) years should be at management level
- Code B driver’s licence
- No criminal record
- Knowledge of relevant National legislation and Council’s policies (Firearms Control Act, Police Amendment Act etc.)
- Computer literacy
- Only candidates with the required Municipal Police qualifications and relevant managerial experience need apply.
Key performance areas:
- Ensuring financial planning, monitoring and controlling of the Division’s budget so that expenditure is in line with the City’ s requirements, MFMA and other applicable legislation
- Leading and directing development, implementation and management strategies, policies, training and procedures
- Achieving monthly objectives aligned with the objectives of the civilian and internal affairs, information management and training development sections of the department
- Coordinating core policies, procedures and strategies for logistic support, ensuring compliance with national policing standards, local government policies and procurement policies.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 23 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.