Ubuhlebezwe Municipality with its seat in Ixopo invites applications from
a suitably qualified person for appointment to the following position.
DIRECTOR: CORPORATE SERVICES
(5 YEAR FIXED-TERM EMPLOYMENT LINKED TO PERFORMANCE)
Annual Total Remuneration package in terms of Government Gazette
No. 38946 of 01 July 2015
• Total Remuneration Package: Minimum: R813 635.00 p.a.
• Total Remuneration Package: Midpoint: R929 869.00 p.a.
• Total Remuneration Package: Maximum: R1 046 101 p.a.
NB: • Applications must be submitted on the Annexure C application form for senior
managers obtainable on www.ubuhlebezwe.gov.za • Shortlisted applicants will be
required to have their qualifications verified and undertake a competency assessment
in line with Regulation 16 of Government Gazette No. 37245 • The successful
candidate will be based in Ixopo and sign an Employment Contract, Performance
Agreement, disclose financial interest and be subjected to security vetting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Management
Sciences, Law or an equivalent qualification
• 5 years’ of managerial experience at middle management level
• Have proven successful management experience in administration
• Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation
• Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and
• Good knowledge of corporate support services, including:
* Human capital management
* Legal services
* Facilities management
* Information communication technology
* Council support
• Good knowledge of supply chain management regulations and the preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No. 5 of 2000)
• Good governance
• Labour Relations Act, and other labour related prescripts
• Legal background and human capital management
• Knowledge of coordination and oversight of all specialised support functions
• Knowledge of Local Government environment will be an added advantage
• A qualification in the certificate programme in Management Development for Municipal Finance (CPMD/MFMP/ELMDP) or attaining qualification within a reasonable timeframe in terms of the Municipal
Regulations on minimum competency levels, 2007 • Computer literate in Word, Excel
and Windows 2007 programs is required • Code EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following:
• Development, implementation and management of strategic goals, policies, procedures and plans for his/her Department and advise thereon
• Provide administrative support and records management services; including secretarial/
• Coordinate legal advisory services
• Compile and updating delegated powers and policy matters related thereto
• Update statutes and Council Bylaws
• Oversee all facets of Human Resources Management
• Oversee and leading the Public Participation and Special Projects processes in Council
• Provide effective IT services for the Municipality.
Enquiries must be directed to: The HR Manager, Mr L.S. Hlophe, on tel. (039) 834 7700.
Interested and appropriately qualified people should address their applications
together with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualifications
and names of at least three contactable referees to: The Municipal Manager,
Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality, P O Box 132, Ixopo, 3276.
CLOSING DATE: 19 OCTOBER 2018.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment. Priority shall be given
to candidates in accordance with employment equity targets. Should applicants not
hear from the Municipality within 30 days, after the closing date, they should consider
their applications as having been unsuccessful. Communication shall be limited to
NB: Proof of canvasing of Councillors or any officials will lead to the candidate being
G.M. SINEKE: MUNICIPAL MANAGER
CORPORATE SERVICES DEPARTMENT