Website Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality with its seat in Ixopo invites applications from a suitably qualified person for appointment to the following position.
DIRECTOR: CORPORATE SERVICES
(5 YEAR FIXED-TERM EMPLOYMENT LINKED TO PERFORMANCE)
Annual Total Remuneration package in terms of Government Gazette
No. 38946 of 01 July 2015
• Total Remuneration Package: Minimum: R781 460.00 p.a.
• Total Remuneration Package: Midpoint: R868 290.00 p.a
• Total Remuneration Package: Maximum: R955 118.00 p.a
NB: • Applications must be submitted on the annexure C application form for senior managers obtainable on www.ubuhlebezwe.gov.za • Shortlisted applicants will be required to have their qualifications verified and undertake a competency assessment in line with Regulation 16 of Government Gazette No. 37245 • The successful candidate will be based in Ixopo and sign an Employment Contract, Performance Agreement, disclose financial interest and be subjected to security vetting.
Minimum requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Management Sciences, Law or an equivalent qualification • 5 years’ of managerial experience at middle management level • Have proven successful management experience in administration
• Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation • Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management
• Good knowledge of corporate support services, including: * Human capital management * Legal services * Facilities management * Information communication technology * Council support • Good knowledge of supply chain management regulations and the preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No. 5 of 2000) • Good governance • Labour Relations Act, and other labour-related prescripts • Legal background and human capital management; and • Knowledge of coordination and oversight of all specialised support functions • Knowledge of Local Government environment will be an added advantage
• A qualification in the Certificate Programme in Management Development for Municipal Finance (CPMD/MFMP/ELMDP) or attaining qualification within a reasonable time frame in terms of the Municipal Regulations on minimum competency levels, 2007 • Computer literate in Word, Excel and Windows 2007 programs is required • Code EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas: The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following: • Development, implementation and management of strategic goals, policies, procedures and plans for his/her Department and advise thereon • Providing administrative support and records management services; including secretarial/committee services • Co-ordinating legal advisory services • Compiling and updating delegated powers and policy matters related thereto • Updating statutes and Council by-laws • Overseeing all facets of Human Resources Management • Overseeing and leading the Public Participation and Special Projects processes in Council • Providing effective IT services for the Municipality.
Enquiries must be directed to: The HR Manager, Mr L.S. Hlophe, on tel. (039) 834 7700.
Interested and appropriately qualified people should address their applications together with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualifications and names of at least three contactable referees to: The Municipal Manager, Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality, P O Box 132, Ixopo, 3276.
CLOSING DATE: 28 FEBRUARY 2019.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment. Priority shall be given to candidates in accordance with employment equity targets. Should applicants not hear from the Municipality within 30 days, after the closing date, they should consider their applications as having been unsuccessful. Communication shall be limited to shortlisted candidates.
NB: Proof of canvasing of Councillors or any officials will lead to the candidate being disqualified.
G.M. SINEKE: MUNICIPAL MANAGER
CORPORATE SERVICES DEPARTMENT