Msinga Local Municipality (KZ 244), situated at Tugela
Ferry, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the
DIRECTOR: DEVELOPMENT PLANNING
SALARY SCALE: • MINIMUM: R741 423.00 • MIDPOINT: R823 805.00
• MAXIMUM: R906 184.00
5 YEAR CONTRACT (NOT EXCEEDING ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE
ELECTIONS OF THE NEW COUNCIL)
• A Bachelor’s degree in Town and Regional Planning or Development Studies, Bachelor of Science degree in Building Sciences/Architect or equivalent
• 5 years’ experience at middle management level; and have proven successful Professional Developmental/Town Planning experience
• Compliance with the MFMA: Minimum Competency Levels in unit standards as per Government Notice No. R493 of Gazette No. 29967 of 15 June 2007.
A person who does not meet minimum competency levels in unit standards will be given an opportunity attain the minimum competency levels within 18 months from the date of appointment
• Project Management Certificate or Diploma or registration as a Professional Planner in accordance
with the Planning Professions Act, (Act No. 36 of 2002) will be an added
• A valid driver’s licence.
• Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation
• Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management
• Good knowledge of supply chain management regulations and Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No. 5 of 2000)
• Knowledge of geographical information systems
• Knowledge of Spatial, Town and Development Planning.
Key performance areas:
• Reporting to the Municipal Manager, responsible for the District Spatial Planning
• Planning and economic development
• Development and maintenance of GIS
• Development and maintenance of the Development Planning Shared Services
• Formulation of policies, strategies and action plans for the District Municipality; LED Strategies
• Facilitate research on economic development and maintain database
• Stimulate local economy by promoting job creation, investment and the development of BMME’s
• Assist Category B Municipalities with land uses management and development planning
• Manage the implementation of LED and Development Planning projects
• Leverage private and public funds to support IDP and sector plans
• Manage marketing, tourism and transport as well as agricultural projects
• Management of the department according to the strategies of the Municipality
• Prepare and submit reports to the Municipal Manager and relevant potential structures.
Appointment shall be subjected:
• Qualification and SA citizenship checks conducted on all short-listed candidates
• Undergoing a competency assessment in terms of Annexure A (competency framework for senior
managers) of Notice Number 21 Government Gazette Number 37245 of 17
• Security vetting including schedule 2 of the Number 37245 of the 17 January Gazette
• Signing of an employment contract before assuming duty
• Conclusion of a Performance Agreement within 60 days after conclusion of an employment contract
• Disclosure of financial interests.
Applications must be submitted on the prescribed application form (as
per Annexure C of the 2014 Regulations) and be handed in or posted to
Private Bag x 530, Tugela Ferry, 3010, together with a comprehensive
CV, certified copies of academic qualifications and I.D. copy in a sealed
envelope clearly marked “APPLICATION: DIRECTOR: DEVELOPMENT
PLANNING OR DIRECTOR: TECHNICAL SERVICES”, not later than
12 noon on 22 NOVEMBER 2018.
No late or faxed applications will be considered.
For further information regarding the requirements for the application as
well as the post content, please contact: HR Manager, Miss T.F.N. Nkala,
or Director Corporate Services: Mr M.V. Ntanzi on tel. (033) 493 0761/2/3/4.
If you do not hear from us within 30 days from the closing date, please consider
your application unsuccessful. The Municipality is an equal opportunity and
Affirmative action employer.
S.L SOKHELA: ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER
DIRECTOR: DEVELOPMENT PLANNING
DIRECTOR: TECHNICAL SERVICES