The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
DIRECTOR: LEGAL SERVICES
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 803 776 PER ANNUM • REF NO: CS 50/21
- LLB degree with Admission as an Attorney or as an Advocate and completed pupillage.
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Law Society/Bar.
- Senior managerial experience in a legal environment in a large and diverse organisation.
- Sound knowledge of the Legislative framework and policies and procedures applicable to the Local Government environment.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Corporate Governance Principles
JOB PURPOSE: To lead, direct and drive the provision of an effective and professional Legal Services department and functionality through providing strategic legal direction and oversight within the City of Cape Town. This will include; the provision of a legal advisory and guidance service; legal compliance with PAIA and POPIA; ensuring Council reporting is compliant with legal requirements; Legal drafting; the management of litigation; the management of the Municipal Courts; and ensuring the mitigation of legal risk to the Council.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 23 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.