City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
DIRECTOR: PUBLIC HOUSING
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 539 907 PER ANNUM • REF NO: HSM 07/21
- Relevant tertiary qualification, BTech or equivalent preferably in built/project management
- Extensive proven senior management and strategic planning experience in human settlement, tenancy management, public housing, rental stock transfers and upgrades and maintenance fields
- Proven experience in asset management strategies and planning
- Relevant SAP experience
- A valid Code 8 driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Directing and managing the upgrades and maintenance, rental transfers and tenancy management functions
- Directing and managing the operations with regard to the City’s operational and non-operational staff housing
- Directing, developing and implementing governance and upgrades and maintenance programmes for the Department
- Directing and overseeing the management of sub-council activities that are related to Integrated Human Settlements specifically upgrades and maintenance
- Directing and leading effective strategic management of the department in order to ensure effective, efficient and equitable delivery in line with City’s objectives
- Developing and providing strategic direction on the implementation of policy, procedures and process in the Department
- Overseeing and directing the strategic development and administration of the Department’s annual budget
- Strategic management of all departmental resources to ensure it meets its service delivery objectives
- Efficient stakeholder, information and knowledge management through various effective communication mediums.
CLOSING DATE: 12 March 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.