The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
DIRECTOR: PUBLIC TRANSPORT
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 665 441 PER ANNUM • REF NO: TRA 27/21
- A relevant postgraduate degree in Transport Economics or Finance/Governance or Transport Planning
- Extensive senior managerial experience in public transport management.
Key performance areas:
- Directing all scheduled land-based public transport services as assigned to the City of Cape Town and contemplated in sections 40-46 of the National Land Transport Act, 2009
- Establishing operational standards for scheduled public transport operations
- Strategic fleet management, both of the fleet owned by the City as well as the safety and compliance of the entire scheduled public transport fleet
- Developing, approving and managing the vehicle operator contracts
- Strategic management of public transport operations
- Developing and implementing the strategy on the regulations of public transport, and the related management strategies
- Leading, directing and managing the regulation and industry transition of public transport.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 23 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.