DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
DRIVER WITH SECONDARY FUNCTIONS
METRO SOUTH (LOGISTICAL SERVICES)
Reference number: DSD 2018-104
Department: Social Development, Programme 1
Salary: R136 800 per annum (Salary level 4)
Enquiries person: Mr C Palmer at 021 763 6200
Job purpose: The Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government
seeks to employ an individual to perform driver, messenger and routine office support
functions within the component. The incumbent must have a drive to deliver services,
be attentive to details, function under pressure and be self-motivated. This post is
stationed in Wynberg.
- Grade 10 (Junior certificate or equivalent) with a minimum of 7
months’ relevant experience
- A valid Code B driver’s licence with a professional
driver’s permit (PDP).
Recommendations: Working knowledge and experience in messenger services/
Key performance areas:
- Perform general driver duties
- Maintain the official vehicle being utilised and ensure that it is clean and serviced
- Transport officials and passengers to and from designated destinations
- Deliver an effective and efficient messenger service to the component
- Collect and deliver mail/parcels
- Keep register of deliveries
- Assist with registry procedures
- Perform administrative and related functions.
A good understanding of the following:
- Procedures to perform messenger functions and routine office support functions
- Procedures to ensure that the motor vehicle is maintained properly
- Communication skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape
- Interpersonal relations and teamwork skills
- Ability to perform routine tasks as required
- Knowledge of cities (geographical locations).
To apply, you must submit a manual application. Please complete an application
form (Z 83) and current CV (5 pages maximum) together with certified copies of
ID, Academic qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the
advertisement. The position being applied for and the reference number must be
clearly indicated on the Z83 application form. Applicants from local communities will
If you want to hand deliver the application, please use the following address:
4 Dorp Street, Walk-in Centre, Ground Floor, Cape Town 8001 (Open from 08:00
to 16:00 Monday to Friday) or you may post it to the following postal address:
Attention: Department of the Premier: Recruitment and Selection, P.O Box 659,
Cape Town 8000. Applications not submitted on or before the closing date as well as
faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
The WCG is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates
are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.
Closing date: 15 October 2018