Department of the Director: Electrical Engineering Services
R209 280 – R271 620 p.a. (T10)
To be considered for this position you must be in possession of all the requirements below:
- N2 plus completed recognized trade test (Construction Electrician)
- Heavy vehicle Code C1 license
- Language skills to understand, interpret and issue instructions.
- Practical skills to use, operate, assemble and manipulate tools, equipment and electrical instruments.
- Supervisory skills.
- Skills to work safely in close proximity of live electricity without supervision.
- 1 year (after trade test)
Commencement of duties:
As soon as possible.
As soon as possible.
The Council’s offer includes the following benefits:
– Medical Aid
– Group Life scheme
– 13th cheque
– Housing subsidy (conditions apply)
– Settlement of relocating costs (conditions apply)
Full details and the prescribed application forms can be requested telephonically from Mr D Carolus at 022 487 9400 or on our website at www.swartland.org.za. Completed applications on which the post reference numbers are clearly indicated and including certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Division, Private Bag X52, Malmesbury, 7299. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Applications close at 12:00 22 March 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications that do not meet all the advertised requirements for the position, will not be considered, therefore applicants must please ensure that they meet all requirements before applying for the position. Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify an applicant. If an applicant has not received any feedback within six weeks of the closing date, it can be assumed that the application has been unsuccessful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Council reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Swartland Municipality is committed to Employment Equity and endorses the principles of Affirmative Action. Disabled persons are therefore encouraged to apply.