City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY HEALTH • COMMUNITY SERVICES AND HEALTH
(SHORT TERM CONTRACT POSTS)
BASIC SALARY: R248 347 PER ANNUM • REF NO: HS 32/21
- Valid registration with SANC as an Enrolled Nurse
- Knowledge and understanding of generally acceptable healthcare practices and procedures
- Proven counselling skills
- Ability to interface with the community, colleagues and external agencies within a stressful and challenging environment
- Proficiency in Xhosa will be a recommendation.
Key performance areas:
- Providing support to professional nursing personnel in respect of specific applications associated with the provision of treatment for communicable and infectious diseases
- Ensuring that a quality service is rendered within the health facility
- Participating in the delivery of awareness and educational programmes on clinical approaches to safe and healthy living of the community
- Performing specific administrative sequences associated with the updating of clinical records and registers.
Please forward a comprehensive CV and covering letter, including a certified copy of your Identity Document, qualifications and proof of registration with SANC to the relevant e-mail address, as indicated.
Closing date: 18 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.