City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY HEALTH • COMMUNITY SERVICES AND HEALTH
ENROLLED NURSING ASSISTANT
(SHORT TERM CONTRACT POSTS)
BASIC SALARY: R192 649 PER ANNUM • REF NO: HS 33/21
- Registration with SANC as an Enrolled Nursing Assistant
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted healthcare practices and procedures
- Ability to work in a team and deal tactfully with the public
- Effective interpersonal as well as oral and written communication skills.
Key performance areas:
- Providing support with the provision of treatment for communicable and infectious diseases
- Implementing first aid procedures
- Assisting with pregnancy and other tests (e.g. urine test)
- Assisting with the admission of clients
- Directing clients to relevant service points
- Assisting with domiciliary visits/recalls
- Applying simple dressings
- Collecting, labelling, and dispatching specimens
- Receiving and filing laboratory results
- Counselling clients regarding HIV/TB/TOP and reproductive health
- Assisting with quality assurance programmes and health promotion programmes
- Assisting with the collection and collation of health information data on clinical activities.
Please forward a comprehensive CV and covering letter, including a certified copy of your Identity Document, qualifications and proof of registration with SANC to the relevant e-mail address, as indicated.
Closing date: 18 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.