The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
COMMUNITY SERVICES AND HEALTH ● CITY HEALTH
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
BASIC SALARY: R369 348 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: HS 40/21 ● SOUTH
- Three-year tertiary qualification in Environmental Health
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as Independent Practitioner
- One (1) year’s completed Community Service in Environmental Health
- Valid Code B driver’s licence
- Prepared to work on weekends and at night if required.
Key performance areas:
- Accountability for Environmental Health functions (including waste and pest control, the surveillance of premises, food control, water quality and safety, communicable diseases, building plans, health promotion, disaster management, as well as air-quality management and disposal of the dead)
- Enforcing legislation, Council policies and by-laws relevant to environmental health
- Performing several job-related administrative duties
- Initiating and coordinating community involvement regarding environmental health issues within the sub-district
- Identifying, planning and implementing appropriate environmental health projects in informal settlements.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 23 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.