The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
COMMUNITY SERVICES AND HEALTH ● CITY HEALTH
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
BASIC SALARY: R382 276 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: HS 21/22 ● ALL AREAS: CITY HEALTH
- Three-year tertiary qualification in Environmental Health
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa for Independent Practice
- One year’s completed Community Service in Environmental Health
- Valid Code B driver’s licence
- Prepared to work on weekends and at night if required.
Key performance areas:
- Accountability for Environmental Health functions (including water quality management, food control, health surveillance of premises, environmental pollution control, vector control, surveillance and prevention of communicable diseases, disposal of the dead, chemical safety and waste management).
- Enforce legislation, Council policies and by-laws relevant to environmental health
- Perform several job-related administrative duties
- Initiate and coordinate community involvement regarding environmental health issues within the sub-district
- Identify, plan and implement appropriate environmental health projects in informal settlements.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 20 May 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.