Johannesburg Water (SOC) Ltd
Johannesburg Water (SOC) Ltd is a municipal entity owned by the City of Johannesburg. Its core purpose is to provide water and sanitation services to approximately 5.3 million people of Johannesburg. It has a R10 bn turnover employing ± 2700 people. Johannesburg Water will ensure that the selection and recruitment process is employment equity compliant and in line with the company’s EE plan.
REF. NO: EMA-JW340/2019
REMUNERATION: R787 968.00 TOTAL COST TO COMPANY PER ANNUM
Purpose: Responsible for managing the resources, provide support services and operational leadership by ensuring that Johannesburg Water processes and activities are executed efficiently and in an environmental conscientious manner, which conforms to the Environmental Management System (in terms of ISO 14001 standards) as well as the requirements of the National Environmental Management Act and other applicable legislation.
- Manage, advice, supervise and mentor internal environmental staff
- Ensure conformance to human resource regulations, supply chain policies, process and/or service level agreement in all disciplines
- Develop combined assurance model and internal control framework, policy plan and ensure alignment with the City of Johannesburg policies and environmental standards
- Compile an Audit plan for both contractors and Johannesburg Water sites • Acquire all Capex projects to be implemented in a financial year
- Allocate Capex projects to the relevant environmental staff for monitoring and enforcement
- Liaise with Supply Chain on procurement process and requirements
- Amend stakeholder’s engagement meetings with authorities and City of Johannesburg
- Review Environmental Management system
- Review screening reports, scoping reports, specialist studies reports, Environmental Impact Reports (EIR’s) and Basic Assessment Reports (BAR’s)
- Present reports to procurement committees where necessary
- Ensure competent service providers is appointed
- Conduct environmental awareness workshops on Johannesburg Water employees on legislation, standards and procedures
- Track changes on time-frames and deadline for submission of application to authorities
- Determine budget for Project execution and rehabilitation
- Ensure proper financial control within the section.
Qualifications and experience:
- BSc Honours/BA Honours Degree (NQF8) in any of the following fields: Natural Science/Environmental Science/Environmental Engineering/Environmental Management
- 7 years’ experience in environmental management or environmental science field, of which 2 years’ must be at Supervisory level
- Valid driver’s licence.
Please forward your CV and qualifications to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the relevant reference number and job title in the subject line of your correspondence.
CLOSING DATE: 03 APRIL 2019.
Correspondence will be conducted with shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.