Western Cape Government
INNOVATION FOR THE BLIND – WORCESTER
INNOVATION FOR THE BLIND is a programme of Badisa. a registered non-profit organisation of the Dutch Reformed Church (Western Cape) and the Uniting Reformed Church (Cape), that provides training, accommodation, employment opportunities and funding for education to persons with visual disabilities.
Reporting directly to the Management Board, you will provide crucial leadership in an executive management position, with a broad responsibility portfolio and a change and growth agenda. Your role will be to effectively manage financial and other resources, provide direction to achieving strategic goals and the organisation’s charitable objectives, as required within the framework of Innovation’s mission and vision. Assuming responsibility for Finance, Human Resource Management, ITC, Marketing and Communications, Facilities and Administration, and Occupational Health and Safety, to ensure the organisation is geared for continued performance, long-term growth and financial sustainability. In addition to this, developing and maintaining relationships with key stake holders and strategic partners will be a key component of this role.
The following criteria are considered for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree backed by 5 years’ experience at senior management or executive level
- A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- A strong financial background
- An understanding of the unique strategic and operational dynamic of social development work
- proven strategic leadership and sound communication and conflict management skills
- financial management acumen that incorporates fundraising and marketing
- promotion and management of networks
- corporate, team and human resource management abilities
As a member of the Innovation’s Executive Team, the Executive Head, will model the values of the organisation and demonstrate high standards of work performance to positively influence teams and individuals.
We offer a negotiable remuneration package including a medical aid and pension fund as well as generous leave benefits.
Please address a comprehensive CV, in electronic format, to
firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10 January 2019.
Enquiries: Ronel Killian on 021 957 7130.