EXPENDITURE OFFICER PAYROLL
Salary: R197 779.92 p.a.
• National Diploma in Finance or relevant equivalent qualification
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Local Government Finance Department
• Valid Code 08 driver’s licence and be computer literate
• Minimum Competency Certificate in Finance (MFMP).
Knowledge and skills:
• Experience in local government will be advantageous
• Must demonstrate knowledge and experience in salaries in Municipal finance/accounting section
• Be prepared to work under pressure and to work long and irregular hours
• Knowledge of Payday payroll system.
Key performance areas: • Must be able to ensure that the processing of payroll
and salaries information. Inclusive of allowances, benefits and deduction • Perform
specific clerical and accounts updating/reconciliation activities and maintain the
registers and information related to the payroll and specific creditor payment
activities • Maintain and/or adjusting payroll parameters/field on the system with
regards to statutory deductions, rates of pay, transfers, etc. • Capture salaries
and wage information for employees/councillors against specific control votes and
insert required information with respect to benefits to activate deduction sequences
• Prepare and extract payroll reports and proceed with the printing of payslips upon
approval • Reconcile statutory payments, deductions and allowances and attend
to the preparation and circulation of tax certificate • Address queries related to
deduction and allowances and provides explanations to calculations/adjustment
based on information pertaining to amendments benefit administration fund rules
• Activate and process journal to reflect specific adjustments to salary and benefits
accounts upon approval • Assist the Assistant Accountant with reconciling the
salary suspense vote and any other duties delegated to your superior • Maintain
and update filling of employee records.
CLOSING DATE: 05 SEPTEMBER 2018.
Interested candidates are invited to submit comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
together with signed application letter, certified copies of qualifications,
driver’s licence and identity document to the following address: The Municipal
Manager, Nkandla Municipality, Private Bag X161, Nkandla, 3855.
NO LATE OR FAXED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days from the closing date please consider
your application as being unsuccessful.
Nkandla Municipality subscribes to and applies the principles of Employment Equity
Act; preference will be given to candidates from designated groups in accordance
with objectives of Employment Equity Act.
MR L.S. JILI: MUNICIPAL MANAGER