Website Majuba College
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for the following post:
FACILITATOR: CENTRE OF SPECIALISATION BOILERMAKER TRADE
REF: FACBOIL102018 • SALARY NOTCH: R356 289 – R419 679 P.A. (LEVEL 9)
THIS POST WILL BE APPOINTED ON A CONTRACT BASIS FOR A 3 YEAR PERIOD. DHET INTERNAL PERMANENT CANDIDATES WHO ARE SUCCESSFUL WILL BE SECONDED TO THE FACILITATOR POST FOR THE PERIOD OF THE CONTRACT.
Minimum requirements: An Artisan qualification with at least 3 to 5 years’ post trade test experience.
• A Diploma (REQV13) with at least 3 to 5 years’ post trade test experience
• Qualification as a registered Assessor and/or Moderator for the Boilermaker trade will be an added advantage
• 2 years’ or more training/workshop mentoring experience will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and skills:
• The preferred candidate will have knowledge of the Boilermaker industry, the legislative and regulatory environment, as well as knowledge of and experience in implementing Occupational Health and Safety regulations and requirements
• Good verbal and written communication skills, including presentation or lecturing and report writing skills
• He/she will have planning and organizing skills, including lesson planning skills, analytical skills, conceptual ability and the ability to assess learners
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Suite
• A valid driver’s licence
• The preferred candidate will have the ability to take on a leadership and mentorship role, will be focused on customer service, be disciplined and professional and will have excellent interpersonal skills
• He/she will be responsible for his/her own continuous professional development.
Key performance areas:
• Provide theoretical and practical training applicable to the Boilermaker trade, and according to predetermined curriculum and lesson frameworks
• Assess and/or moderate theoretical and practical competencies of learners in the programmes against pre-determined requirements
• Ensure that training equipment, workshops and related resources are available and in working order, and conduct regular inventory control
• Perform administrative and management functions, including preparing and submitting reports to relevant authorities, preparation of training registers, preparation and completion of learner files, and any other administration required by oversight bodies
• Attend industry and training workshops, as well as any other prescribed training to ensure own continuous professional development
• Ensure training environment and activities are compliant to all safety, health and environmental requirements
• Plan delivery of the occupational qualification in such a way that the learners are prepared to complete and pass the relevant assessments and trade test
• Manage the scheduling of learner for theory and industry placement/practical components of the programme.
Conditions of Service: In addition to the salary package above, the Facilitator will be expected to adhere to the following:
• 40 hours work per week
• Minimum of 21 working days annual leave per annum.
Enquiries: Mr T.D. Ngwenya, tel. (034) 318 2021.
CLOSING DATE: 30 OCTOBER 2018.
Applications must be submitted on Z83 form obtainable from any public service department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents and must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualifications, identity document (ID) and driver’s license (where it is required). It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
Please forward your application in a sealed envelope, quoting the relevant reference number to: The Principal – Majuba TVET College, Private Bag X6602, Newcastle, 2940 or hand deliver to the ‘CV’ Box at Majuba TVET College Central Office (83 Allen Street, Newcastle), between 07h35 to 15h15.
Application Z83 form is available from any public service department or from www.gov.za/documents. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
No faxed or emailed applications will be accepted.
Applicants should submit separate applications where more than one post is applied for. Selected candidates will be subjected to vetting process and personnel suitability check in terms of minimum information security standard. The College reserves the right to verify any information received in applications. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. Submission of fraudulent documentation and canvassing of Council members or College staff will immediately disqualify the candidate. Communication will be entered into with successful candidates only.
Post reference number should be indicated on the application and on the outside of the envelope.
Applicants may be subjected to a practical competency assessment.
The College reserves the right to withdraw any position at any time.