Website False Bay College
SWARTKLIP CAMPUS (CAPE TOWN)
FACILITATOR / RIGGER (x2 POSTS)
(Salary scale R328 953 – R387 810) plus 37% in lieu of benefits
This is a CONTRACT position from 1 January 2019 to 31 March 2022. The Facilitator will
be expected to adhere to the following conditions of service: 40-hour work week and
minimum of 21 working days annual leave per annum.
• Diploma (REQV13) with 3 – 5 years’ experience OR an Artisan qualification with 6 – 10 years’ experience
• Registered Assessor
• 3 – 5 years’ artisan experience as a Rigger in industry with specific experience in the following areas: Rigger tools, equipment; Shielded Metal Arc welding and gas cutting; Engineering materials, drawings and sketches;
Scaffolding operations, inspections and supervision; Ropes, knots, bends, hitches, lashings, attachments and splices; Steel wire ropes, winder ropes, detaching hooks and sheave wheels; Lifting methods and advances lifting methods and lifting equipment and machinery
• Knowledge of the Rigger industry, the legislative and regulatory environment,
• Knowledge of and experience in implementing Occupational Health and Safety regulations and requirements
• Verbal and written communication skills,
• Presentation or lecturing skills
• Report writing skills
• Planning and organising skills, including lesson planning skills, analytical skills,
conceptual ability and the ability to assess learners
• Computer literacy in MS programs (Word and Excel)
• A valid driver’s licence.
• Education, Training and Development (ETDP) qualification
• Registered as Moderator for the Rigger trade
• Minimum of 2 years’ facilitation/ training/ lecturing experience.
Post No: FFAC03 & FFAC04
Closing Date: 7 October 2018
All shortlisted candidates will be expected to participate in an assessment of his/her workplace
experience in the trade.
Please visit www.falsebaycollege.co.za
Visit www.falsebaycollege.co.za to download the application form and see details
of the advertised positions. Forward the completed application form, together with
the job reference number, your CV and all relevant supporting documentation to
Mrs M Isaacs, via fax on 086 459 8119 or email to email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
False Bay TVET College is guided by the principles of Employment
Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
The College reserves the right not to fill these positions. If you have
not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date, kindly regard
your application as unsuccessful.