Website Mothers 2 Mothers
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at
12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
The Finance and Operations Manager will be the lead expert for financial operations and management. This includes being responsible for efficient resource deployment and use, program accounting and financial reporting systems, cost-share and related reporting and ensuring compliance with USAID financial and accounting rules and regulations.
This position will be based in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga.
Key performance areas:
• Oversee financial and accounting support to the project operations
• Ensure the financial integrity of the project operation
• Manage financial administrative functions
• Lead financial management functions: budget development and management, financial reporting
• Manage sub-awards
• Supervision of the project Finance team.
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or a closely related field, a Master’s degree is preferred
• 8 years’ of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries
• 5 years’ of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and reporting of a PEPFAR-funded activity
• Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government financial and procurement rules and regulations
• Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
• Demonstrated experience with Financial Management tools and systems including high level of proficiency with computerized accounting
• Previous experience in a multi-national organization
• Experience managing sub-awards under U.S. government projects strongly preferred.
• Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
• Strong analytical thinker with sound business and technical acumen
• Highly independent individual, results and solution oriented with ability to prioritize and produce high quality outputs consistently
• Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
To Apply: • Interested applicants should apply for this position via
https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 30 September 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not hear from us by 31 October 2018, you may consider your application unsuccessful.